H.p. Wolff Springs & Colts

After seeing the recent post regarding broken blish locks, I decided to replace the Colt bolt group with GI and Wolff H.P. springs while I was replacing the buffers in my overstamp and 21ac.

The Colt overstamp pilot does not have the hole in the pilot like a GI does, making spring replacement a lot more aggravating to say the least. The 21ac was somewhat difficult, the overstamp was a lot tougher with the HP spring.

Patience and good eye protection is the key when doing this mod on Colts. While this monkey was XXXXXXX the football on the overstamp spring, it got away from this monkey and gave me a good shot in my eye protection. If I hadn't been wearing them, it would not have pretty.

-Darryl

Edited by RoscoeTurner

After seeing the recent post regarding broken blish locks, I decided to replace the Colt bolt group with GI and Wolff H.P. springs while I was replacing the buffers in my overstamp and 21ac.

The Colt overstamp pilot does not have the hole in the pilot like a GI does, making spring replacement a lot more aggravating to say the least. The 21ac was somewhat difficult, the overstamp was a lot tougher with the HP spring.

Patience and good eye protection is the key when doing this mod on Colts. While this monkey was XXXXXXX the football on the overstamp spring, it got away from this monkey and gave me a good shot in my eye protection. If I hadn't been wearing them, it would not have pretty.

-Darryl

Darryl,

If I were you, I would go ahead and replace the Colt pilot with a GI one, it is SOOO much easier to put the springs in with the hole in the pilot. Also, you reduce the risk of kinking your spring. Just my .02 since you are already replacing the bolt group with GI internals.

Rob

If I had to do it over again I would, both are done now. It only took a little patience and a bottle of JD that I keep near my gun table. I was mainly looking to replace only the breakable items and still have the look of Colt, both Colt actuators are in place. As a side note, the extractor on the AC bolt was chipped and needed replacement any way.

I've found a source for Colt TSMG parts, it appears he has a good amount of them. I'm presently asking him to give me a price for the whole lot of them.

-Darryl

Edited by darrylta

If I had to do it over again I would, both are done now. It only took a little patience and a bottle of JD that I keep near my gun table. I was mainly looking to replace only the breakable items and still have the look of Colt, both Colt actuators are in place. As a side note, the extractor on the AC bolt was chipped and needed replacement any way.

I've found a source for Colt TSMG parts, it appears he has a good amount of them. I'm presently asking him to give me a price for the whole lot of them.

-Darryl

Darryl,

10-4 on the eye protection, and an extra hand is helpful too. If your colt source has a spare colt barrel and comp in good condition, I would be more than interested.

thanks,

Chip