Bm-59 Parts And Books!

UK Armourer

Guys,

through a friend in Italy I have acquired a quantity of 'new old stock' or excellent condition BM-59 parts such as gas cylinders, bipod's, tri compensators, lower bands & clips, Ital stocks, Para stocks, etc...

Receivers, barrels, and bolts are a no-no in Italy and the UK (where I am based), but the other parts are fine...

I will list what is available ASAP.

In the meantime, I received a copy of a new book published in Italy (in Italian) on the M1 Rifle in Italian Service. It is a fantastic book that details the use and manufacture of the M1 rifle in Italian service from beginning to end. It covers the Beretta & Breda manufacture for Italian and Danish use and also conversion of the M1 to 7.62 mm calibre in TYPE 1 & TYPE 2 models.... This answered my research into M1 receivers marked '7.62 mm - 2' that I turn up from time to time in of all places Germany together with 'Bavarian' pattern M1 Carbines!

I spoke with the author and I am collaborating with him to produce the book in English language, also he and I will collaborate on my planned BM-59 book too...

More to come!

Cheers,

Vic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Vic,

Do you have the name of the book that was published in Italy (in Italian) on the M1 Rifle in Italian Service that you got a look at ("Use and manufacture of the M1 rifle in Italian service from beginning to end. It covers the Beretta & Breda manufacture for Italian and Danish use and also conversion of the M1 to 7.62 mm calibre in TYPE 1 & TYPE 2 models")?

Thanks much.

TJ