Reproduction WWII 50 Round Boxes

The fellow I have bought the white boxes from is on the 1911 forum and said he would be making another run soon. I will post when I have a firm date. He also has these in 9mm if anyone is interested.

What is the board thickness were you looking for. I do die cutting all day on a Thomson die cutting press.

PS Colt made the Thomson die cutting press in the 1800s.

Edited by Brian in Mass.

Well , I get various measurements off my boxes . The white ones being offered go mostly .019 to .021 with some as high as .025 . The orig. GI ones start at .030 and go to .035 , or about .010 thicker to .015 thicker.

These are the one piece style. The two ends come up and interlock and a flap goes over the interlock , over three rows of cartridges , and tucks between the third and forth row. This will leave the center 4 rows of the ten open. The top then comes over the 10 rows and tucks into the front , locking the two flaps in and covering the 4 center rows .

Chris

I might be able to get my hands on a WW2 30-06 20 round box this weekend, is it the same board???.

To have a 1up die made is short money, it just the min. stock order for the board to run a 300 to 500 pcs

• 3 weeks later...

My die maker will be in the shop on Mon. The sales person for the chip board will be in later this week.

I will have a idea later this week if I will run these. Brian

Also working to reproduce the M2 ball and AP label in gum stock.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x473/Brimac21/DSC01910.jpg

Edited by Brian in Mass.

Ok , he is making .45 and 9mm boxes now . They are 25 cents apiece ( $25.00 per 100 ) and he can fit 200 in a medium flate rate for $11-$12 shipping or 300 in a large for $16-$17 shipping. Here is his e-mail so you can contact him. I just ordered 300 .45 boxes myself .

medalguy@msn.com

Chris

Edited by emmagee1917

• 2 weeks later...

They are white, the color is nothing like the originals as we have been saying for some time. They are not suitable for reenacting or displays but for storing ammunition they are just fine.

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv121/roscoeturner/box1.jpg

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv121/roscoeturner/box2.jpg

Cool , now we have the lightweight white boxes with white lettering for the 10th mountain devision snow troops and black heavy boxes with matching black lettering for the 82nd and 101st airborn pathfinders . Very rare and comming to a gunshow near you for only $20 a pop.

Chris

my attept at humor , guys

• 1 month later...