Technical Manuals On Ebay

UK Armourer

Guys,

I presume that one of us bought the two technical manuals that were just sold on Ebay?

The first: ISTRUZIONE MANUTENZIONE CONSERVAZIONE FUCILE FAL BM 59 ... sold for approx $60

the second: TAVOLE - MANUALE ARMIERE FUCILE FAL (BERETTA) BM59 7,62... sold for over $300!

I could not believe the price that second book realised... I hope that whoever bought them will share some of the information contained within them?

Cheers,

Vic

I don`t mean to hy-jack this thread but I found A 70s-80s vintage sales brochure on broker last week to go along with a newly acquired 2 digit serial number select fire 59 w/alpine stock.Any input on factory mags that FTF,bullet nose dives,seems a helper spring upfront under the follower might help..any info would much appreciated.

I don`t mean to hy-jack this thread but I found A 70s-80s vintage sales brochure on broker last week to go along with a newly acquired 2 digit serial number select fire 59 w/alpine stock.Any input on factory mags that FTF,bullet nose dives,seems a helper spring upfront under the follower might help..any info would much appreciated.

Did all your magazines come with your gun? I've never had a problem with a magazine not feeding. Perhaps yours were left fully loaded and the springs are weak.

Yes all the mags came with the gun,3 are factory,2 are not...could have been an ammo problem..cartridge OAL too long...the aftermarket mags won`t insert...

Do your aftermarket magazines have followers that are made of black plastic?

This could be the source of your problem if so.Some magazines were made up with these black followers and some used M14 magazine springs.These magazines used original BM59 magazine bodies,but these made up mags did not function as well as the BM59 magazines.The spring in a BM59 magazine is very long , almost twice as long as the M14/G3 magazine springs.

Hope this helps.....