The Age Of My 50 Round Drum?

Is it possibly to tell when my 50 round L-magazine made by Auto Ordnance, Bridgeport, Connecticut was made? If so how is this done? http://www.nordisk-forum.dk/images/smilies/gangster.gif

Timelapse,

Welcome to the board!

I don't know of a way to determine the exact production date, but it was probably made between 1941 and 1943.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Timelapse,

Welcome to the board!

I don't know of a way to determine the exact production date, but it was probably made between 1941 and 1943.

David Albert

Thanks for the welcome David,

The inscription (see attached) doesn’t mention the model “A1” but only “1928”, so I thought that this might be able to indicate a production date before the introduction of the “1928 A1”.

But then again if all “L” magazines has the nomenclature “1928” stamped it doesn’t mean a thing.

Anyone?

post-253092-1317306618_thumb.jpg

Nice looking Bridgeport drum. As you suspect, the 28A1 designation was not used on the drum winding instruction. David's time frame is probably as good as you're going to get on this one.

Bob D

Nice looking Bridgeport drum. As you suspect, the 28A1 designation was not used on the drum winding instruction. David's time frame is probably as good as you're going to get on this one.

Thanks for the information guys.