Foregrip Interchange?

Hi.

I am new to the forum, and a new owner of a simi-auto Thompson M1A1 made in West Hurley, NY. Beautiful and really fun to shoot. Is the forgrip interchangeable? Will a horizontal pistol grip from a 1928 fit on mine? I want to keep the ability to go back to the horizontal grip that came with it.

THANKS!

Should read: will the vertical forward pistol grip from a 1928 fit mine?

Hi.

I am new to the forum, and a new owner of a simi-auto Thompson M1A1 made in West Hurley, NY. Beautiful and really fun to shoot. Is the forgrip interchangeable? Will a horizontal pistol grip from a 1928 fit on mine? I want to keep the ability to go back to the horizontal grip that came with it.

THANKS!

I have a West Hurley 1927A5 semi auto which was produced in the early stages of their production. It has some original GI parts such as the pin safety selector and an original GI 1/2 inch riveted type grip mount. The gun came with a vertical front grip which I don't know if it was old WW2 surplus or made by AO West Hurley, but it too is channeled for 1/2 inch grip mounts.

I have not changed any of the original parts, this is exactly the way these were sold in the late 70's, however they may have made changes in the later years of production as their inventory depleted. I wish to keep this gun completely original as I feel it reflects on the valuation.

Edited by Slimpikins