Hello everyone,

I bought my brand new Auto Ordnance Thompson 1927A, w/ 50 round drum, about 2 weeks ago (package deal came w/ violin case and stick mag). Wow, it feels good to finally have one and be a part of the community! I had a few issues here and there but nothing too serious. Already put through about 500 rounds.

The one thing that has really made me wonder is the functioning of the trigger. When I pull the trigger back slowly and get about half way, it fires off a round. If I release the trigger after the round fires it will not reset. I then have to pull the trigger all the way back until it clicks and resets (round doesn't fire). The click is in the trigger and not the firing pin. Then I can shoot the next round by taking another shot and the process repeats. This will happen consistently. Is this normal or is there something wrong?

I had to teach myself to always follow through with the long and hard trigger pull past the firing point so that I would stop being annoyed by having to constantly reset the trigger in between shots.

Hopefully this is just a result if my being unfamiliar with the gun and nothing more serious. I looked around and read various posts but didn't find anything that sounded exactly like my issue. I would appreciate any feedback about this issue.

jgj80

When if fails to reset, can you just push the trigger forward to reset it? If you can, you may just need to clean the trigger assembly real good. Mine is a 1976 vintage West-Hurley. I could either push the trigger forward or pull it back & let it snap forward to reset. A thorough cleaning fixed it.

Wh20crazy:

The trigger will return to its default position when this happens but when I pull it for the next shot it will not fire, only click (trigger click, not firing pin) when pulled all the way back, then the trigger is reset so I can fire. I did a thorough cleaning but it didn't help. I appreciate the advice.

Before I posted my questions I ordered a disconnector because I noticed mine looked a "little" marred up. I finally received my parts and I swapped them out. Problem SOLVED. Feels real nice now and the trigger functions the way it should. Haven't shot rounds through it yet but I had the trigger issue with live ammo and snap caps. I posted a few pics so you could see it.

Upon closer inspection of the pictures I noticed it was marred on the top, a little section on the bottom and there was a tiny crack forming on the bend. Now I'm left with more questions:

• Did it come like this from the factory?
  • What did I do to create this problem?
  • What can I do to avoid this problem?

Once again, I'm a new Thompson owner and I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks!

post-259464-0-58664000-1396131876_thumb.jpg

post-259464-0-23054500-1396131879_thumb.jpg

post-259464-0-68265900-1396131881_thumb.jpg

I have two Kahr Thompsons and a homemade semi-auto Thompson I built with old parts and I

have never experienced this problem with the disconnector. Maybe the part did not get hardened

properly or at all and somehow got through quality control. I have heard that Kahr has been

having some manufacturing quality issues lately with its Kahr p45 pistols. Perhaps that problem is extending to some of their Thompson parts also. Hopefully not, but this seems the most likely scenario to me.

Edited by T Hound