Philadelphia Ordnance defect/blems.

I've heard from Bob (correct?) that he sold some defect receivers. Does anyone know if they were all the same sort of defect, and were they marked in anyway to denote the out of spec item?

Also, does anyone know if they can be corrected reliably? Assume it would be welding to repair the issue.

Phillie Ord. He told me via email that he sold some that were sold as defects people still wanted. I guess for mock ups or to possibly repair. If I happen across one of them I'd like to know how to tell, assuming he marked them as seconds or something? Anyone know?

Phillie Ord. He told me via email that he sold some that were sold as defects people still wanted. I guess for mock ups or to possibly repair. If I happen across one of them I'd like to know how to tell, assuming he marked them as seconds or something? Anyone know?

I've seen 1 or 2 for sale on gunbroker. Usually result from machine malfunction. No two the same. Usually require welding to be usable for anything.

Why didn't you ask Bob this question??

Jim C

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they were stamped as seconds so a person could tell by that? So his name is Bob, then. I wasn't sure.

I hope you don't assume I'm asking here for nefarious reasons. From what I understand the company is out of business.

Edited by selfmade

selfmade,

Philadelphia Ordnance is alive and well. Reconbob is the owner. He's on this forum every day.

No need to stamp as seconds as the welding required to fix would be a giveaway.

Nobody thinks you are a nefarious person (whatever that is), we all think you are a selfmade man.

Jim C

Okay, I read somewhere yesterday he had closed. That username rings a bell. I haven't been here or involved in the BAR interest for a while and I'm getting interested again.

Considering the unscrupulous sellers that we know are out there, I see the opportunity for someone to misrepresent one of them, and I want to know how to ID them so I can value them properly when buying or bidding.