Lewis Gun Buttstock Help

Hello everyone,

I am hoping I can get some help from a Lewis Gun owner. I have a type 92 Jap Lewis Gun in the aircraft configuration. I want to retire the spade grip. I recently acquired a stock bracket and my gunsmith fitted it to my gun. Now I need to add some wood. I have a graphic made up of the butt stock, but it lacks dimensions. I have it in PDF format for e-mail or I can snail mail it to someone who has a Lewis Gun to add dimensions before I start cutting wood. If someone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for any help. Of course, I will post pictures of the progress.

• 1 month later...

post-258695-0-53298900-1419528132_thumb.jpgpost-258695-0-46665900-1419528146_thumb.jpgHello everyone. I wish to share the final pictures on my buttstock that I made for my Jap aircraft Lewis that a friend and I made. Not bad for a home project with left over American walnut wood (my friend does cabinet work). I took the pictures when I went out shooting on the base of the Prescott national forest in Arizona. They're not the best but it does capture the makeover. I would like to add that the project would not have been possible without the help of Doug Stump. Thank you for the time in writing down the dimensions. Bravo!

Hey Jim C,

The Type 92 ran like a top! Not bad for an Axis WWII C&R. My gunsmith and C3 dealer went out with me on the shoot to ensure I would have a fun time and to lend a hand if I needed it. Great guys they enjoyed shooting it. I'll get some video soon. It ran at about 550rpm. It has been a fun project gun with some frustrations. I have been pulling as much of the Jap parts out as I can and replacing them with British ones. I retired the spade grip which is fun when firing, but it is not practical as the new stock made. Apart from the rear, my friend made new grips out of American walnut as I wanted to store the original grips away. I have a British OP rod and recoil assembly. I have one last endeavor and that is to attach a new set of sights although the spider web is kind of neat. I'll keep things posted here. Thanks.