Colt/Early Savage Mag Release

called and left a message with Paul,the epoxy isn't working,It wont let me define each individual checker and you can still see a witness of the hole.gonna do what PK does and weld the entire surface and machine the checkers in.

I found a shop locally that can microweld,gonna go there this week and weld up only the serial numbers on the lower and the hole in the mag release.if i can re checker mine sucsessfully i may offer a service to do this ,and you wont have to wait 6 months.

Well,if i weld the entire surface and cnc checker the whole paddle there should be no color difference.

Well,if i weld the entire surface and cnc checker the whole paddle there should be no color difference.

Mark,

I just seen this last post from you. If your going that far with doing the mag catch you need to buy a GI paddle smooth 1928A1 pivot lever and a safety so you can checker them with the proper positive style checkering like the Colt Thompson's have. You have to profile them correctly and drill a whole in the safety like the original. Let me know it comes out.

Your safety and pivot lever are like the early Savage type, not proper for a Colt 1921. They are current Kahr Arms ones correct?

Only the safty is kahr,the selector is early savage.if i have the microwelder fill in only the serial numbers in the lower,then when i blend it smooth and finally engrave over the top and white in those numbers the bluing match will be unnoticeable. In my head it works,lets see if it can be made to a high standard.