Mysterious markings on a Savage M1

Hi!

Bought my first Thompson M1 (not A1). Really nice piece but I found some markings on the barrel and receiver I cannot decipher. I tried getting a few pics but the markings are tiny and I need to dig out my macro-lens for them. Receiver: just next to the "S" for Savage manufacture in front of the mag well there is a small "logo" and what looks like the number 80. They are tiny and I cannot make out what they say. Additionally: on the barrel, just below the muzzle are some small stamps as well and I cannot for the life of me figure out what they are.

Like I said I will try to get macro-shots during the weekend but IF someone happens to know right away what they are I would be super curious. No re-build or arsenal stamps present on the SMG otherwise. The stamps have not gone through the finish, so the gun was parked (or similar) after application. So hardly original finish on this one....

Thanks!

Edited by Beginner

Snapped some pics, sorry about the quality. Anyone seen stamps like these, what do they mean? The BVS (?) stamp is just behind the muzzle under the barrel, the "80" and other stamp is next to the S-stamp in front of the magwell.

Does the finish look original to you (based on the Thompson & GEG / FJA stamps)?

Thanks

post-47580-0-16497100-1444032898_thumb.png

post-47580-0-12456800-1444032908_thumb.png

post-47580-0-71775600-1444032948_thumb.jpg

post-47580-0-96604700-1444032969_thumb.png

Tman's post:

The mark in the second pic is a Czech proof mark for smokeless powder. This mark has been in use by the Prague proof house since 1931. The number '80' may be the proof number listed in the records of the proof house.

The first pic may have the same Prague proof mark but its not too clear. Couldn't find anything on the BVS mark.

All info was gathered from The Standard Directory of Proof Marks by Wirnsberger and The Official Guide to Gunmarks, 3rd ed. by Balderson