Anyone change a Colt barrel and wish they had not?

I think the act of visually verifying the power level with the case in your hand and then immediately seating the bullet is foolproof.

I cannot think of a way that it could be messed up.

It doesn't slow the loading operation down any either. You have the case in hand anyway so you might as well seat the bullet

If you can afford a Colt Thompson, you can afford to buy first-quality factory-fresh ammunition.

M

My concern is first quality ammo producers can screw up too in my mind. Do I trust it to them? It is not the expense, it is the quality control I am looking at. I just want to eliminate all variables.

It's all a matter of risk assessment. As between fresh factory ammo from a first-line American manufacturer vs. reloaded ammunition from whoever, which strikes you as the greater risk? And as between the possibility of a squib while shooting top-quality ammunition vs. the possibility of mechanical or cosmetic damage from barrel changing?

I don't think the relative risks are even close.

M

Edited by MGMike

I would never use anyone elses reloads and I feel my reloads are more reliable than any manufacture out there, I do not reload when I have a bad day, they work on bad days, computers sometimes fail. You bring up a good point on the cosmetic blemish that could occur. That is why I chose to ask the question as I did. I want any and all feed back that I can get.