Looking For An Mp 40 Part

I am looking for a magazine housing only for an MP 40. Can anyone help? Please contact me at:

jblodg3981@aol.com

Thanks, 57Fordman

Carey: Thanks for the post but I missed out on that item on Ebay. A Steys mag housing works on an MP 40? I certainly didn't know that. Items like this will soon not be available on Ebay any more. They are changing their rules.

57Fordman

Steyr(660 or bnz markings) was one of the 3 prime contractors on the original MP40. The other 2 prime contractors were Erma(27 or ayf markings) & Haenel (122 or fxo markings).The first MP40 mag housing they made for the MP40 was made of steel and had no ribs in it like later mag housings. The MP38 had a flat mag housing with a hole in it made of steel. Aluminum was too precious to waste on MP40s as it was needed for the Luftwaffe's airplanes, so the MP40 trigger guards were made of steel. But the original MP38 aluminum pieces are beautiful pieces of craftsmenship. As far as I know, the MP38 & MP40 mag housings are interchangable.

THANKS

Carey

edit: MP40 mag housing are made of steel, not aluminum. Thanks, MP40, for correcting my error and my knowledge.

Hi Leid, the MP38's magazine housing is actually, in fact, steel (you are possibly refering to the grip assy which is indeed aluminum on the MP38 and pressed steel on the mp40.) The magazine housings are interchangeable but they will need fitting as the MP38/40 series where essentially hand fitted machine pistols . Although, the MP38 housing assembly is usually more sought after and more expensive.

Hi MP40,

Thanks for setting the record straight. The mag housing IS milled out of steel not aluminum. Sorry for the error. I have only seen one MP38. It was being surrendered to the local PD by an attorney buddy of mine as it was an attic gun that was never registered. We could not even strip it and just give them the receiver tube because we were not the legal (or illegal) owner. What a shame!

THANKS

Carey

Ya know, it's a shame that any machinegun has to suffer destruction due to the sin of not being on the "registry!" especially an MP38/40! So many of these reside in attics and closets all around the U.S. as many of the mp's where dewatted and sold through magazines/books in the 50's! who knows how many are still out there in unsuspecting hands! In fact, I was talking to my friend a while back, who had a dewat MP40 that he bought in the 50's out of a magazine..AHHH....those must have been somewhat easier times to own cool things eh?

What's the status on the proposed 'Amnesty' bill, for these old WWII & Korean war mgs ?? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif ...............jw

As far as I know, that bill has either died due to the lack of sponsors, or has been shelved for the time being..However, it was a seriously flawed bill as it did not address the bring backs from Vietnam and other wars...

Marstar Canada lists them on their catalog but they have none in stock. 57Fordman http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/mad.gif

Guys,

You can not bring gun parts into the U.S. unless you are properly liscenced to do so. Please check with a liscenced importer to get the proper proceedures for this. Carey