advanced m3 collector 9mm conversion kit

891449072 on gun broker usgi 9mm kit

That is my old M3A1 kit I used in the MGN article. Note the barrel with the longer breech end through the barrel nut and the extra front plate with the tabs cut off.

The barrel was too far away from the cartridges in the magazine and would nose dive and miss the chamber, so I extended the barrel back so it was closer to the magazine. To keep the bolt from hitting the barrel I used the extra end plate. Worked reliably after that.

I bought that kit out of the Shotgun News back in the early '90s. It was listed with a DS M3A1 and the ad stated "will not separate" I offered the seller $500.00 just for the kit, and he sold it to me. I sold the kit a long time ago, it was one of the two M3A1 kits I ever saw, most were for the M3. I had a document that I found in the National Archives that a U.S. company made Sten mags for the M3 9mm kits. I have no idea where that document is now; I may have mentioned it in the article, I don't know.

Very interesting about the 9mm magazine Frank. I have a couple of 9mm kits (M3) and one of them came with a magazine marked M3 and KC. Sure would like to see that document if you ever run across it again!

Here's some pics of the mag I have. I'd like to have the M3A1 kit on GB, but probably a little rich for my blood.

9mm Mag-4.jpeg

9mm Mag-1.jpeg

Very interesting about the 9mm magazine Frank. I have a couple of 9mm kits (M3) and one of them came with a magazine marked M3 and KC. Sure would like to see that document if you ever run across it again!

Here's some pics of the mag I have. I'd like to have the M3A1 kit on GB, but probably a little rich for my blood.

VERY interesting!, thanks for sharing the photos!!

891449072 on gun broker usgi 9mm kit

That is my old M3A1 kit I used in the MGN article. Note the barrel with the longer breech end through the barrel nut and the extra front plate with the tabs cut off.

The barrel was too far away from the cartridges in the magazine and would nose dive and miss the chamber, so I extended the barrel back so it was closer to the magazine. To keep the bolt from hitting the barrel I used the extra end plate. Worked reliably after that.

I bought that kit out of the Shotgun News back in the early '90s. It was listed with a DS M3A1 and the ad stated "will not separate" I offered the seller $500.00 just for the kit, and he sold it to me. I sold the kit a long time ago, it was one of the two M3A1 kits I ever saw, most were for the M3. I had a document that I found in the National Archives that a U.S. company made Sten mags for the M3 9mm kits. I have no idea where that document is now; I may have mentioned it in the article, I don't know.

I bought the kit from you Frank many years (or decades) ago. Sold it off after I sold all my grease guns