Czech CZ Sa 26 value?

The1930sRust

I know of a widow who has a registered CZ Sa 26 7.62x25 submachine gun. She's familiar with the process of ATF transfer. But she reached out to me for an approximate value. I don't think she plans on selling it but is curious. Now I am too but have not been able to find any of these that have sold recently. Or at all. Know nothing about them. I haven't seen it up close but I suspect it may be a REWAT. She says she has ATF paperwork, though she's still going through safes and files for it. Thoughts? R

image (1).jpg

I'll never get to lay eyes on it. Too far away. And I told her that without a stamp, it's a paperweight. Isn't it possible it is papered? R

Looking at the pic, that's obviously a rewelded gun.

It's highly unlikely that is transferable.

Although there are a lot of possible ways this gun could have registered status of some type, legal and illegal, it is also certainly possible it is papered and, in my opinion, if it is, it is most likely a remanufactured receiver gun, cut, welded and registered at some time pre-May 19, '86. Receiver has some visible details that suggest it is the original receiver. However, I don't see any clear indication that the receiver was cut and welded, so that is open to determination. Although very unusual to see the CZ types of SMGs in the US during the years from the '68 Amnesty to May 19, '86 but there could easily have been a few.
Inspection of the receiver tube would be interesting for various US ID marks such as ID of an 07/02 or individual who might have done the work either as a fully transferable reman or a post sample built from a kit or import info.
Lots of possibilities. FWIW

The two stamped grooves around the trunnion do not look original to me. Also, it appears there is a puddle weld showing behind the stamped grooves and I've never seen this on an original receiver. If it is a puddle weld then it's out of place as puddle welds were only found within the two stamped grooves.

Dan

The two stamped grooves around the trunnion do not look original to me. Also, it appears there is a puddle weld showing behind the stamped grooves and I've never seen this on an original receiver. If it is a puddle weld then it's out of place as puddle welds were only found within the two stamped grooves.

Dan

Yep..... the evidence of welding is coincidentally in the exact same spots where the cuts were on the parts kits that came in about 20 years ago

Edited by villafuego

Ha! I never noticed but the patterns are slightly different. No relation between Maxim owner and the lady. R

Maybe the widow will find the Maxim silencer paperwork while she is searching for the CZ Sa 26 ATF paperwork? The same background in the photos of the Maxim and CZ Sa 26. Wishing her good luck in the hunt for the registration paperwork.

• 2 weeks later...