Storage cases for M1928

Here's a link to Savior Equipment Fiddle Master 30 inch short rifle (hard) case.  https://www.saviorequipment.com/products/fiddle-master

Here's a link to Tourbon Gun Bag (30 inch).   https://www.amazon.com/TOURBON-Pistol-Break-Action-Shotgun-Transport/dp/B00YJ69AU2

I bought these cases as going away presents for my 2 Thompsons as they leave for their new homes-1 for each of my sons.  The Tourbon gun case is a "break-down" shotgun storage bag with some padding and very good construction.  I like this case for storing the gun in a safe.   It fit a M1928 with butt stock removed plus compensator and verticle grip.  I covered the guns first with an anti-rust rifle sleeve and then into the shotgun bag.  The hard case is very solid and roomy with 2 keyed latches/locks and 2 other latches.  This case seems to be a really nice transport case.   I will probably make some padded dividers to keep things from rubbing later on and add some foam or other padding.  Price was reasonable and Amazon or Ebay had both with free shipping so a little over $160.00 with tax for 1 of each.  I put some dessicant bags into the cases for added protection.  I did some mock-up for the pictures to see how a drum and butt stock fit. There seems to be adequate room for extras, as the hard case is deep enough to allow another stacked layer.  The other Thompson has a horizontal fore end and ring sight so it will have more room to fit.  I thought the quality was very good and figured I would share with the group.

20221118_080354.jpg

20221118_080413.jpg

20221118_075800.jpg

20221118_075840.jpg

20221118_080028.jpg

20221118_080040.jpg

20221118_080157.jpg

That soft "leg of mutton" case.....for breakdown shotguns, these will have a divider between barrel space and action space. Did you have to cut that out to fit the Tommy, does it come out with velcro or do you just remove lower from upper? (But,  that upper wouldnt fit right unless you had a horizontal grip).

No pics of the inside of the soft case on Amazon......but it almost looks like the case divider is between sides as opposed to top and bottom,?

Curious as to how you break the gun down to fit in that?

Edited by john

34 minutes ago, john said:

That soft "leg of mutton" case.....for breakdown shotguns, these will have a divider between barrel space and action space. Did you have to cut that out to fit the Tommy, does it come out with velcro or do you just remove lower from upper? (But,  that upper wouldnt fit right unless you had a horizontal grip).

No pics of the inside of the soft case on Amazon......but it almost looks like the case divider is between sides as opposed to top and bottom,?

Curious as to how you break the gun down to fit in that?

Good question.  The divider slot is at the top/handle side and is just a flexible partition that just folds up out of the way.  It doesn't seem to interfere when sliding the gun in the case.  I first put a stretch rust inhibiting rifle sleeve on the gun and slid it into the case.  The gun in the case pictured has a verticle fore grip and cutts compensator which fit nicely.  I also threw in a couple desiccant bags for extra protection.  The 3rd picture is with a 28 in the rifle sleeve in the Shotgun case.

20221118_104538.jpg

20221118_104546.jpg

20221118_104703.jpg

I bought one of these.  The violin case is cool, but the M1A1 is too long to fit.  Plus I have two converted 50-round drums from Dan Block.  I figure the guitar case will provide plenty of room for the gun, drums, and a few stick mags.

https://www.saviorequipment.com/products/ultimate-guitar-case-single-rifle-case