Vertical Foregrip with Sling Swivel

Finally finished a project I started maybe 2 years ago. Purchased a Repro Vertical Foregrip from somewhere I forgot, maybe Sarco or IMA., but decided to finished it. Started Sanding it years ago to get a better contour then the block of wood it looked like when I got it. 

Another part that drew this project out was looking for the type of Sling Swivel Mount that I read were sometime used during WW2 by the British. I tracked down a 3pc Slings Mount from an Enfield Rifle with an Off Set Swivel.

I can see why the Off Set Swivel was used, with the Sling attached it sits slightly higher and doesn't effect your Grip.

This will be going on a Semi with a Blank Adapted Green Mountain 14.5 Barrel with Welded Cutts.

My next project for this Gun is an slightly longer Horizontal Foregrip to off set the 14.5 Barrel. I might have to have someone make that from one piece of Wood rather than cutting two Horizontal Foregrips to make one.

20230102_151245.png

Edited by jojeep

• jojeep changed the title to Vertical Foregrip with Sling Swivel

great job     i have 2- 27 Thompsons i use for reenacting    one is done with the british modifications. where the sling swivel is mounted on the top of the buttstock and the front horizontal and vertical sling swivels are mounted on the side.    on the horizontal grip the swivel is mounted to the rear left.   i use the barrel bands on both my Thompsons to relieve the stress on the grip rest which are both half inch.      my west hurley was made in 75 and comes with the grip rest with the rivet   my other thompson uses the kerr sling.   both have removable butt stocks,10.5 blank fire barrels, ezpull springs, the selector switches that hold the bolt back modified mag catch for using original mags etc etc.    hey its only money!!!!

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

“Hey its only money”. 😁

While I’m waiting on my eform1 to convert my Khar AO M1 to a SBR,  I went ahead and purchased the barrel, ring sight and a few more things.  

My wife kept asking why I was spending money on things prior to approval. Kept telling her “It’s only money”. 😊