Need Help Taking Down My 1918a2 Bar

Is it semi or full auto? I have become quite an expert in takedown of my semi...really isn't that hard...can't be THAT different than a full auto gun. You need a copy of Small Arms of the World...it is in there...or a copy of an FM. I can step you through what I know.

1) make sure it's inloaded (duh)

2) with the bolt forward, and on safe, rotate the trigger housing pin (on the left side) down, remove the pin. Your trigger housing should now lift out

3) rotate the retaining pin for the front forearms/gas tube assembly down...also on the left side. Place rearward pressure on the forearm and remove the pin.

4) stand the rifle on the butt, and with your right foot, push the cocking handle down...now GENTLY slide the forearm/gass tube assembly towards the muzzle. It helps to take the sling off and get it out of your way. The reason you do this gently is to not mar the gass piston.

5) you can now look down into the receiver from the bottom. You will see the recoil spring follower. It is under alot of presure so I hope you have a strong finger....press it towards the muzzle slightly and rotate it enough so that you can EASE it out and release the sping tension.

6) Once the recoil spring an follower are out, you can slide the whole gass piston assembly thing to the rear. My semi gun has a hammer cocking piece that you need to slide out in order to remove the whole gas piston assembly. Once it is out EASE the whole gass piston assembly piece forward...be careful not to mar it on the gas hole thingy on the bottom of the barrel.

7) Now, your need to remove the pin that joins the cocking handle to the bolt group. you will see a hole in the cocking handle and a hole in the right side of the receiver...line up the holes and back the pin out toward the right side of the receiver.

8) With the pin removed, the cocking handle should slide towards the butt and come out.

9) Reach into the receiver and pull the bolt to the rear with your finger. IN order to remove the bolt group, you need to insert a flat blade screw driver into the slot on that weird square piece on the left side of the reciver. I find I can manage it best by resitng the receiver on my lap with the muzle pointing to my left...I insert the the scew driver coming up from below into the slot and you pry it out just enough to be able to lift out the bolt group.

10) from then it is fairly easy to disassmble the bolt group.

11) the Gass regulator also needs to come out. If you have a roll pin in it you must remove the role pin...if not, simply unscew the regulator adjustment knob...lefty loosy.

12) Lift the pice that hold the regulator in one of the 3 square notches on the gass tube assembly...it hould lift right off.

13) Unscrew the regulator body...left loosy

Clear as mudd? Don't be afraid of it....if your basic field GI could do it so can you!!