Tokagypt 58 9mm Service Pistol

I've always had a thing for collecting 9mm service pistols. The Egyptian 9mm Tokagypt 58 has aways eluded purchase, until I won one last evening. Auction photos show it to be in nearly new condition, and to have a matching serial numbered magazine. Interestingly, the chamber shows British proof marks. The seller listed another one almost immediately, GB auction 1008752216. 

Here's a somewhat lengthy article about these pistols:

https://wwiiafterwwii.wordpress.com/2020/05/12/tokagypt-the-cold-war-hungarian-wwii-soviet-copy-egyptian-pistol/  

This Tokagypt pistol arrived and it is beautiful. What looked like minor finish loss on the auction photos turned out to be fingerprints. The original high polish finish is more than 99% present and there's no evidence of firing at all. There's not a fleck of corrosion, but the gun was full of heavy grease, easily cleaned out. The gun is of very high quality, with a smooth action and a light, crisp trigger. It fills the hand much like a P.38.

FEG modified the TT33 pistol. Instead of a blowback action, the Tokagypt has a Browing style swinging link lockup system. It's in 9mm Luger rather than 7.65x25. What I thought were British proof marks are actually German, including nitro proof house barrel markings and "HEGE” on the trigger guard which was Georg Hebsacker’s arms dealing company in Schwäbisch Hall, Hege-Waffen. During the Cold War, one of Hege-Waffen’s niches was firearms from the other side of the Iron Curtain, especially Hungary.

The Tokagypt was produced in seven versions, of which the Egyptian contract guns are the most common. It's a well-made, well finished worthy addition to any collection.