So I had to replace the firing pin on my Kahr M1. I sanded down the lower corner so it clears the sear when the trigger is pulled. But I’ve been noticing  that it’s not hitting center on the primers ? Any ideas ? 

IMG_0420.jpeg

Edited by signal_4

Make sure the firing pin is riding true in the bolt, and, more importantly, that the bolt is running true with the firing pin installed. Fit as necessary. If the gun wasn't doing this before the new firing pin, something is now out of alignment with the new firing pin, causing the entire bolt assembly to be off. The firing pin may be riding on the sear, or frame, changing the position of the bolt as it goes into battery. It could cause undue wear on the sear, or whatever it is riding against.

Just my humble opinion, Karl, 68coupe

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 68coupe said:

Make sure the firing pin is riding true in the bolt, and, more importantly, that the bolt is running true with the firing pin installed. Fit as necessary. If the gun wasn't doing this before the new firing pin, something is now out of alignment with the new firing pin, causing the entire bolt assembly to be off. The firing pin may be riding on the sear, or frame, changing the position of the bolt as it goes into battery. It could cause undue wear on the sear, or whatever it is riding against.

Just my humble opinion, Karl, 68coupe

Ok thanks ! Is it possible that I filed enough off the tip to be released when the sear drops but not enough to ride true the rest of the way down the bolt, which is what I think you were already suggesting lol. 

Edited by signal_4

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, deerslayer said:

Do you have a new kahr firing pin in an old west hurley style bolt with the large square hole at the front?  

Hi Sir ! No it’s a Kahr bolt. Has a vertical slit in the front. I’ve had the gun for about 25 years 

Edited by signal_4

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, deerslayer said:

The transition bolt.   Vertical slit and now a round firing pin.  Your primers are always going to look like that.  

Ok I see know. The current ones have a round hole like an M1 bolt would. Thank you Dan ! 

Edited by signal_4