How Does One Change The Magazine Release Lever?

Pete

Hello out there! I hope you experts can help me. My "Dream Rifle" has, what I say, a weak/ too easy magazine release lever. On my other Franken'BM'59 rifles, one has to depress the lever to drop out the magazine. On my Alpini, it is like, light to the touch to depress the lever and the magazine comes out. I mean quick to drop the magazine, but to me, to light. (Like a glance touch and the magazine drops. On my other rifles, you have to DEPRESS the lever to take out the magazine.) I think the latter is the norm. I think the latter is the norm. Also, does your AlpiniBM59 have the full Tri-Compensator, the detachable one, or the compensator with just the holes at the end.

Anyway, I still hope to write what periodicals I have on "The MOST UNDER-RATED MAIN BATTLE RIFLE". Thanks to all i advance.

Lastly, does anybody know what maker(Springfield Armory or Winchester) of the garand rifle, the Italians were given by the U.S.? And did the Italians alter these receiver to become select fire?

Beretta did aquire the Winchester tooling, but I think the original run of BM59's were Garands the US government sent to several NATO countries, and were modified to BM59's. Italy got several Garands, surplus, just as several other countries did. The original BM59 mods could have been from any US manufacturer....I think.

Reese is excellent about repairing their SA, Inc BM59 stuff at no charge. Contact them, I bet for the price of the postage, they will adjust your concerns about the magazine release.

Edited by boeboe