Bar Parts Source

• 4 weeks later...

Parked mags are not as smooth to insert because of the rougher texture of the finish, but they require little care. The blued mags look much better with a blued BAR, but you have to remove the fingerprints. Blued mags are available: used-NIW. Which grade do you want?

Carey

• 1 month later...

Hi ammo,

I thought I would have a few NOS or NIW blued mags left over to share. But I could only find enough to fill the BAR pouches and put one in the BAR. Could not even find the same manufacturer for all the mags I needed: some are Seymour and some are the "H" marked mags in the red celophane wrapping that no one seems to know anything about. And I saw no NOS or NIW blued BAR mags at the SAR show. Kent Lomont had a couple of vg-exc blued mags for $40 each and that was it. Not a good sign at all!

I am trying to buy a nice BAR pouch with "H" marked blued mags still in the red celophane. The problem is I don't know what is inside the red celophane wrapping. They could be used mags that were repackaged.

All the mags made in WW1 were blued. But some of the mags issued during WW2 were leftover blued mags from WW1. So a mag can be marked 1918A2 and still be a blued mag. The Seymour mag pictured in "Rock in a Hard Place" on p312 fig.440 is one of those blued mags. I have several of this type still in the original wrapper.

Carey

• 1 month later...