Need A Butt Stock For 1918

Ammo,

I ordered 2 set for e-gunparts and I sent them back. The stocks were from South America and were cracked. Even if they were not cracked, they would not just bolt right up to your receiver. They were made to fit the Colt Commercial BAR which uses a different buffer tube assembly. The forearms were regular USGI 1918A2.

The only 1918 wood I know of, repro or original, is at OOW.

Carey

Edit: Ammo,

The 1918A2 buttstock will not fit your 1918 either without changing the buffer assembly internal parts. The A2 buffer assembly has the slow-down mechanism in it, which makes it much longer than the1918 buffer assembly.

Ammo,

I think that if you look at your "options" for a 1918 BAR wooden-stock.......you can:

1: Put ads of WTB up on all of the Boards and wait to find a wooden butt-stock.....but condition if you find one from a parts-set? That might hit this year.....or sometime in the year 2025.

2: Have a "stock-smith" that specializes in making "custom" gun-stocks make it............read that $$$$$.

3: Talk an owner of an original BAR 1918 butt-stock out of his (he may have a cracked fore-stock and wants to put new wood on his registered BAR?)......but then again, it will be the "matching of the wood to the gun and you old fore-stock?

4: Call and talk with Ohio Ordnance Works......and ask them about making a custom-fitted stock (a "special-order") for your BAR that would match the color/grain of your fore-stock....and have a perfect fit of your new butt-stock to your receiver and butt-plate, etc. You might be able to ship the gun direct to them for repair......a BATF Form 5 is NOT required for a Class III Gunsmith to receive and work on your BAR (Check the questions/answers on the ATF web-site).....and only a copy of your BATF Registration is required.

5: Last, you could put a request for information up on the WWII BAR Man "Yahoo-Site and ask them for some input/suggestions on what to do?.............maybe someone is "sitting-On" one somewhere? (No pun intended).

My $.02 RichardS.

Ammo,

When that 1918 stock assembly comes in from Ohio Ordnance works, do you have the ability to send me over some good digital photos of the set? I may want to invest in a set to keep from messing up the originals on my Marlin-Rockwell BAR.

Thanks, RichardS.

Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net