Loose Mag Well

texasvwnut

Hey All -

I had the opportunity to check out two Reisings today. One had a nice snug mag well, but the other Reising's mag well was loose and a lot of slop to it.

The one with the loose mag well was for sale and I was told it shot great.

It appears that there are two pins that keep this well attached. Is this a simple fiX? I was considering purchasing this gun.

Thanks in advance!

I would think it would be an easy fix... depending upon the cause of the slop. If the pins simply need to be replaced or maybe bent a little (they should be curved a bit -- at least mine are -- and perhaps someone tried to straighten them at one point) without much problem. The pins should drift out real easily using a punch and mallet. See if the owner will let you diassemble it that far to check it out.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

When you say one was tight and one was sloppy, are you talking about how the mag well fit on the gun or how the mags fit into the well?

If the mag well itself seems a bit loose on the gun, I would think this could be fixed easily by just removing the mag well and putting a slight upward bend on the attachment ears. This should tighten things right up, just don't get carried away.

If the mags fit sloppy, just replace the mag well. Very easy.

Edited by Lumpy223