Dlo Anm2

I am a newbie at getting into the Browning 1919s. I was at the Dulles Expo Virginia gunshow Saturday and saw a DLO ANM2 30.06 Browning type machine gun only. I don't remember the dealer's name but he was asking $21,000 for it. Is this an original from WW2 or is this the type that was put together by a Class 2 mfg. or half and half? Is DLO a reputuable mfg? What other things should I know about this? Thanks to anyone that could answer my concerns about this. :) Edited by colt1928

The DLO guns are not original WWII C&R guns, they are sideplate guns. The ones that I have seen have been built with Colt commercial parts (for the most part). I think overall they are very well made guns and run well. YOu should pick up a copy of Dolf Goldsmith's book, The Browning Machine Gun, there's some great info there on the aircraft guns. I would also recommend that you shop around a bit, $21k for a DLO ANM2 is a bit pricey for the market today. There are a couple here and there that I know of that are few thousand less than that. Also, beware that parts are VERY hard to find for these things!

I have a DLO 1919A4 and have found it to be one of the most reliable mg's around. It can shoot .30/06, .308 and 8mm Mauser with very little modifcations. Parts for the A4 are readily available and cheap compared to TSMG stuff. Belt fed guns are a whole different animal compared to sub guns. Very powerful and much cheaper to shoot in 8mm than the Tommy is in .45ACP. I like mine alot!!! I bet you could find one in the 15-16k range with a little effort. Just my .02.

I purchased a 1919A4 from DLO in January.

It hit my dealer in March, I'm just waiting on the ATF now.

Fantastic guns! As far as fun goes, in my book the 1919A4 is a close second to the Thompson.

Call Doug and Linda, not only do they have guns, but they price them very well. I surfed the 2 big MG ad boards for a couple of months before learning that they still had guns. I had decided on a DLO 1919 long before, because of a friends good experiences with them, and the awesome sideplate engraving. Glad I didn't jump. I saved about $2,000 by buying a DLO direct from the source.

Good Luck!

-Patrick