Wtb: 5 Or 10 Round Factory Magazine For Bm59

Ric70506

Thanks to BM59Collector, I now know how to remove the base plate from a BM59 magazine. I knew there had to be a trick to it. In any case, I am now in the market for a Beretta BM59 5 or 10 round magazine with a chrome follower. I would prefer a factory 5 round magazine if I could find one, but I can get where I need to go with a factory 10 round magazine. I would also be interested in buying a used 20 round factory magazine with a good chrome follower for parts. If you have something you are willing to sell or know where I might be able to find what I am looking for, I would sure like to hear about it. Thanks. Edited by Ric70506

I would have deleted this post if I knew how to do it. As the new caption indicates, I am now looking for either a 5 or 10 round factory BM59 magazine with a chrome follower. I am also looking for some BM59 magazine parts. Hopefully, someone will have something I can use. Thanks. Edited by Ric70506

Follow up - I live in Louisiana. I called the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries on Monday and talked to the Captain in charge of the local unit. According to him, there is no limit on the size of the clip/magazine that can be used in a rifle that is going to be used for deer hunting in Louisiana. He said as long as the rifle was not fully automatic, you could load it up with a 30 round clip if you had one. He also said that a lot of people have the misconception that you can only use a 5 round clip/magazine, but that he doesn't know where that came from because there is no state or federal law to that effect that he is aware of. I thanked him and then called the local federal Wildlife and Fisheries office. I spoke to one of the agents in enforcement and he referred me back to the same Captain I had just spoken to. Basically, what he said was that the deer hunting regulations are set and enforced by the state and that the feds don't get involved in that. He said that if the state did not have a problem with it, that the feds would not have a problem with it. So I guess I don't "need" a five round BM59 magazine after all. I have a factory 10 round magazine and three 20 round factory magazines and will use one of them instead.

One more thing while I am on the subject of BM59 magazines. A lot people who have the 10 round magazines have said that they can only get 7, 8, or 9 rounds in them. I can get 9 rounds in the one I have, but that last round is tight. I would not load it with more than 7 or 8 rounds. While I was trying to figure out what I would have to do to modify it to only hold 5 rounds, I did see what the problem is. The front edge of the chrome follower is too long to allow more than 8 or 9 rounds to be placed in the magazine. The problem is not with the spring. The follower bottoms out and you simply can't get any more rounds in the magazine "as is". I had one of the Springfield Armory BM59 20 round magazines with the plastic follower. Same problem, but I was able to grind down that leading edge on the plastic follower and trim the spring a bit with some bolt cutters and now I can get 10 rounds in my 10 round magazine. If I had an extra chrome follower, I would trim it down and use it with my 10 round magazine which originally came with a chrome follower.

Thanks to BM59Collector, I now know how to remove the base plate from a BM59 magazine. I knew there had to be a trick to it. In any case, I am now in the market for a Beretta BM59 5 or 10 round magazine with a chrome follower. I would prefer a factory 5 round magazine if I could find one, but I can get where I need to go with a factory 10 round magazine. I would also be interested in buying a used 20 round factory magazine with a good chrome follower for parts. If you have something you are willing to sell or know where I might be able to find what I am looking for, I would sure like to hear about it. Thanks.

• 6 months later...