Transfer Time For Form 4s

I just had two transfers come through over the last month. A 1919A4 took five weeks, and a MAC-11 .380 took 4 weeks, three days. Looks like the move to W. Virginia was a good thing for the NFA.

How 'bout the rest of you? How long are your current transfers taking.

BTW: Thompson Greed isn't an isolated happening. I paid $17.5k for my 1919A4 and $2700 for the mini-Mac. Both prices are 20% higher than six months ago. When my 1919A4 hit the Class III shop, a guy standing there offered me $19k before I even took possession.

Whew! I've been saving for a year and sold a car to buy these two. Think I'll hang on to them for a while unless Ron is going to sell some of his $10k 1928s. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Well the 2 full auto's that go with my set of five West Hurley's went quite fast. Recieved 2-7 approved 3-10 at my dealers 3-17. Quite the ST. Patricks day present. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Its a whole new ballgame at the ATFE. And I like it

Bill OUT

I've heard different stories about the faster processing time, but not all transfers are going quickly.

I have one transfer pending since 12/15, and another since 1/17. The problem as I see it is the Examiner who has my files. Ms. Alma McCoy of the DC office is living up to her well deserved reputation of being one of the slowest ever.

I'm not sure how she gets files assigned, I've heard it's by first initial of last name, and also by region of transfer. Anyway, I've talked to her directly and she always tells me she's just waiting for the prints to come back from the FBI background check. Somehow I visualize her as one of those New Orleans female Police Officers who were pushing a shopping cart through Wal Mart on the news after Katrina. You know... dedicated.

I'm calling again Friday and if it's not approved by then, I'll ask to speak to a supervisor. I called West Virginia for a status check today, and the gal who checked was very surprised that they hadn't been approved yet. She actually tried to connect me to Alma, but I want to give it until Friday.

For Information Only: I was told that all new form 4's will be processed by the West Virginia Office, and DC will have no new files. You still mail your paperwork to Chicago, but they will forward all to W. V. for processing. I only hope Alma doesn't move to the new office, I've got 4 more going in next week.

My last two took 47 and 59 days respectively from going pending until received in the mail. But a friend of mine, who has had many transfers, took over 100 days recently on his latest one. I think it does have to do with the inspector you get.