Pk's Work

Just got my WH Model 28 back from PK. He did a total overhaul bringing the gun back to original specs. Installed a savage finned barrel with pinned cutts, installed a Lyman sight, cut model 21 slots, tightened the stock mount, then reblued the entired gun. Dan Block made the fancy wood. It is beautiful if I do say so myself!!! I put 1 Bridgeport, 2 A.O. , 3 Kahr (group buy) L drums, One A.O. C drum ( reworked by Merle), several 30rd and several 20 rd stick mags totalling over 6oo rounds thru it today and all ran flawlessly including the Kahrs. Now I have to go out and buy a digital camera so I can put some pics on the web. I'm in heaven. Michael

I am real happy for you it turned out so well as I am thinking of doing aboutt he same thing to mine. I have a mint Savage barrel and lower, bolt etc. so I have scrapped together all the parts to send (tell me what I might be missing??) in except I have not run across a lyman sight yet. About how long did it take to do? I probably won't get to shoot it again for a while so I can afford to let PK have it for a couple of months.

Mark

Sent my WH to PK the end of August-the wait was painful but well worth it!

I bought one of the IMA Lyman sights about a week ago. It's not in as good condition as the one shown on the sight. Lots of grease, but some light surface rust on the numbered face of the leaf, some light pitting under where the slider was left. I ALMOST sent it back. I still might. The elevation slider won't say straight, keeps drooping to one side. Someone suggested the small spring that retains the elevation may be worn out or the tip busted. The main detent looks to be either rusted or severely caked with dried cosmo. I haven't taken it apart yet to find out.