Interesting Semi

Have just acquired an interesting early West Hurley '27 semi. It appears to be a standard gun, however, the serial number is RWB1. It came out of the estate of a very prominent judge who lived in upstate NY, his intials being RWB. Unfortunately, I have no other history with the gun, and the gentleman who had originally owned it has passed away. I was wondering if anybody knows how to get information regarding this gun and its serial number (which has never been changed or altered). Does anybody know if Kahr has the West Hurley shipping records and such? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

George R.

OBI

When the WH semi first came out you could get anything for a serial # - I had one made with my first name - RON1 - a number had to appear before or after the name. I sold the gun over 25 years ago and have no idea where it is at present. There was no extra charge for this service. I also would be interested in who has the records.

Thanks

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif I never knew this!

This means there could be many early 27A1's (the best one's in my opinion) that are not on the serial number to manufacture date list.

Anyone else have any info on these "custom serial number guns?"

Norm