Sear damage to the first and second engagement surfaces on a WH 1927a1

Working on a WH1927a1 where the firing pin engagement notch hits the sear's first surface at the end of the sear and bounces over it to stop at the correct engagement surface. Both sear surfaces are deformed badly. The impact has not damaged the firing pin(flat style) engagement notch. I've read that there are 2 sear notches because the original gun fired from an open bolt and it was insurance to keep the gun from running away if the first seat surface failed. Seeing that the sear looks the same, did they reuse the part? Or did they mod it by cutting the front surface down to clear the firing pin? Or did they mod the lifter to lift it higher? Edited by Jwtoys

Hi there, thanks for the quick response! This gun belongs to my friend's dad and has a lot of cycling issues. Easy fixes were a bad pawl spring and broken off LRHO tabs on the mags. While I had it opened up you can see the scrape line the firing pin left on the lower receiver and sear. The impact area on the sear is shaped exactly like the FP notch. I don't know if I can attach a picture here? I got a new sear from Kahr and dimensions look the same. The lifter on the trigger is missing about 20% of it's contact area with the bottom front of the sear, but the remaining edge looks fine. GP +kahr don't have new assemblies in stock, The fit & finish of the parts inside is rough. Sorry for the drawn out story!

post-284232-0-97133700-1645972358_thumb.jpg

Sorry the other parts are out, just mocking up with the trigger assembly,sear+spring. The impacted areas on the sear match the defects on the firing pin notch. It's just a raw unfinished stamped edge, maybe hardened/heat treated. I'm just surprised the engagement surface is not cleaned up, filed or trued at all! I will true and clean it up before installing the new sear. If the clearance is good, I will start cutting the springs and install a silicone buffer. This thing is way oversprung, crude in function and design. Edited by Jwtoys

• 5 weeks later...