How to remove firing pin correctly

PilotDave

I don't even need a punch to remove my firing pin retaining pin. It will fall out just from gravity after if I push in on the firing pin. You'll find it is pretty straight forward. The spring goes on the firing pin, line up the slot in the firing pin with the retaining pin hole, push these in the back of the bolt, then insert the retaining pin. Like many firearms, after you break it down a couple times, it becomes second nature.

The action bar can be a little tricky to find the optimal angle to reinstall it around the levers. After you get past this first part, you need to line up the slot in the action bar with the slot in the bolt (you may have to adjust the position of the bolt slightly when installing the action bar. If these aren't properly mated together, you may not be able to fully seat the magazine housing to reinstall the pins.

Edited by heavy artillery

Thanks I see the beveled slot cut into the rear area of the firing pin. I am assuming this and the retaining pin is what keeps the pin secured while allowing movement of the pin when struck by hammer. I have the same cartridge feed jam as corrected in the EXCELLENT post. I have wolf springs and will file the base of the pin to hopefully correct