3 replies to this topic

#1 must

must

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:all Thompsons, M1 carbines, & early Mustangs

Posted 05 October 2004 - 12:48 PM

I received my TSMG case from Pacific Canvas & Leather yesterday. It is very well made & I compared it to a picture of one in "American Thunder" & it looks the same. The only thing I noticed that was different was a - in the word sub-machine gun was missing. The zipper is the full lenght of the gun on the top. It is OD in color & has 4 snaps on it (2 in the front & 2 on the rear). Does anybody know what the snaps are for? It fits my WHM1 like a glove with about 21/2" longer than my barrel. It is not padded & because of barrel heat from ROCKING & ROLLING, I don't think I would want it. It is a heavy canvas. I have my gun in it right now with a 30 rd. magazine in it. They have 2 different barrel lenght depending on if it is a semi or full auto Thompson. There phone number is: 760-868-3856. Cost is $56.40 with shipping ( from Calif. to Utah). I'm very happy with it. Brent biggrin.gif

#2 ThompsonCrazy

ThompsonCrazy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 476 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:29 PM

Brent, Sounds like a nice and accurate way to preserve the appearance of your weapon. Any chance that you could post some photos?

#3 gijive

gijive

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2421 posts
  • Interests:Thompson SMG, WWII, Firearms in general.

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (must @ Oct 5 2004, 12:48 PM)
Does anybody know what the snaps are for?

The snaps are for affixing the case to brackets that were placed in miltary vehicles (halftrack) during WWII.

#4 must

must

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:all Thompsons, M1 carbines, & early Mustangs

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:51 AM

I don't know how to post photos. That is why I tried to discribe it as best as I could. Brent sad.gif