Full Auto Mag Catch...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:25 PM

OK so I was told you could swap a Full auto mag catch into a semi auto KAHR so I ordered one from Numrich m1-m1a1 mag catch
I got the part and it is identical to the Kahr part.... Is this the case or is it the placement in the fram that causes the difference?

A little disappointed but at least I have a spare so I cna modify one of them...

#2 Grey Crow

Grey Crow

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1077 posts
  • Interests:Thompson Submachine guns, computers, reptiles.

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:23 PM

AFSOC

Irregardless of the style or make of the mag catch in order to use it in a AO or Kahr semi it needs to have its profile reduced by .10" to be able to use GI mags without elongating the catch hole.

#3 Ron A

Ron A

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 641 posts
  • Interests:Collector of Thompson guns & items<br>Colt single actions<br>Native American items - pre 1900

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:24 PM

"Many" prior posts tell how to modify to use in a semi... an easy job and well worth the effort.

#4 AFSOC

AFSOC

• Regular Group
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

Thanks guys I was wondering. I read in another post that I needed to put a "Full Auto" Mag catch in my gun... Well I did and it is identical to the original, thought I was losing my mind... Interestingly enough the original was bent where the shaft goes through the frame... So I now have a nice new one... Guess will go ahead and mod the old one... and get it in there. It looks like a simple mod... I'll let you all know how it goes...