Lee Bullet Number 452-228-1r 228 Grain

Just bought this bullet mold and have loaded up a few over 5.5 grains of Unique and they shoot without a hitch so far.

What i want to point out is how fat it is which made it necessary to seat it deep so it wouldn`t hit the rifling. If i seat them out further they stick in the chamber and it`s real hard to cycle them by hand out of the gun.

Guess the short overall length doesn`t hurt anything as long as they cycle fine, that pumpkin shape should deliver quite a punch.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/InTheWind/45bulletmold.jpg

Pitchy,

I've always enjoyed casting bullets. It's another facet of the gun hobby that makes it even more satisfying.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Heck it`s all i can afford to shoot nowdays with the price of ammo. :rolleyes:

Thanks fortyfivecal, i`m gonna run a bunch through it and see how they shoot, in fact i think i`ll go empty a couple mags right now.

That didn`t take long , range is in my back yard. Shot 30 rounds through it without a hitch, 29 are on that plate. I missed the first shot because i tried using the v notch in the rear sight and shot under the plate. If i use the slot in the bolt putting the front sight level accross the top it hits right on verticaly, shoots a little right though .

Shooting was off hand at 25 yards.

Guess it`ll work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/InTheWind/new45bullettarget.jpg

Pitchy,

I have the same Lee double cavity mold in .452. In my M1928 I found cycling and function to work much better after I bought a .451 sizing die to run the bullets through.

Balder

My sizer die is 452 but that doesn`t seem to be the problem , before i was loading the longer more hard ball looking lead bullets that were 452 with no problems.

If i seat these out to far i can see marks in the end of the bullet where i assume it hits the rifling.

It must be made to seat short because i`m seating just above the top grease groove.

What overall length are you seating yours.

Edited by Pitchy