Current Forms And Address For Mg Transfer?

Mike Hammer

It has been a while since I have done a MG transfer, I want to make sure all my ducks are in a row when I mail the paperwork in. Would aprreciate input to tell me if I have everything correct. It is a pretty sraightforward transfer of a C&R MG to me on a form 4, as a C&R holder. Let me list the items I will submit and where it's mailed, please tell me if I have it right, because I could not find fully explained instructions on the ATF website on exactly what current forms are and where they are mailed.

Forms:

2- Copies of ATF Form 4 (5320.4), is the latest revision of this form Nov. 2004? mine are dated at the top (10/31/2007)

2- Copies of Fingerprint Cards (FD-258), am I correct in saying that in the top ORI box it must have: DCATF0100 ATF FIREARMS & EXPL DIV?

1-Copy of Certification of Compliance with 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) (ATF Form 5330.20) revised June 2005, is that the latest revision?

1- Check in the amount of $200 made payable to the US Dept of the Treasury?

Mailing Addreses...I recall sending the paperwork to one address and the check to another address in Chicago. Am I correct on saying that nowadays all paperwork AND the $200 check is sent to an Atlanta address?

Any input is appreciated, I just want to eliminate any delays because of mistakes on my part.

Mike Hammer

Mike,

Don't know the latest version dates but you can download those from ATF's website which will be the current version.

All goes to Atlanta. They do the banking there and they will forward the paperwork to Martinsburg.

F-4 with new address: http://www.atf.gov/forms/pdfs/f53204.pdf using old ones not a problem - just send to current P.O. Box

Cards: FBI FD-258LE - NFA, Imports ORI WVATF0800 As of this moment, you can use another card, just put a label over the ORI and replace it with this one. It also might not take too terribly long to get new ones from the distribution center, but it seemed like they were way behind on shipping stuff for a while.

http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

Edited by The Lone Ranger

Thanks for the info on the fingerprint card. I ordered forms a month ago and still have not received, amazing isn't this computer age! How could it possibly take that long.

MH