West Hurley Model 1927a1---help

I am totally not familiar with anything West Hurley. If there is a machine gun that is registered as same and shows the manufacturer as Auto Ordinance West Hurley and Model is 1927A1 with 17" barrel, wouldn't that have been a conversion that was registered? Shouldn't the form 4 show the manufacturer as the person who did the conversion or did they actually ship 17" barreled West Hurley TSMG's out of the factory in 1981 when this gun was built?

John,

It should be a semi if its a Westie. The original 27's are Colt's.

Unless its FA firing pin in which case the pin itself would be the registered part.

Edited by Grey Crow

I am totally not familiar with anything West Hurley. If there is a machine gun that is registered as same and shows the manufacturer as Auto Ordinance West Hurley and Model is 1927A1 with 17" barrel, wouldn't that have been a conversion that was registered? Shouldn't the form 4 show the manufacturer as the person who did the conversion or did they actually ship 17" barreled West Hurley TSMG's out of the factory in 1981 when this gun was built?

If someone took a WH 27A1 and had it converted to full-auto back in 1981, when it could still be done, then it should have the manufacturer and s/n put on it somewhere. It should also be on the form 1, form 3 or form 4.

I guess there is the possibility that WH of NY actually made a 27A1 SMG, but it seems unlikely as that would have made all 27A1 semi-autos very "easily convertable to full-auto."

If it is a registered firing pin, then the pin itself would be the registered device as Grey Crow said.

I have seen a couple of these conversions from 1927 semi over to fa for sale in the past year, How it was done I don't know and where I saw them I cant recall as I thought they had to be POSs and they could have even been the same gun. But I do remember they were both on form 4 and they were full auto only. No select fire

Here we go, foud one of the links. They say it's a sear gun...

http://www.gunsamerica.com/918100110/Guns/..._Conversion.htm

Edited by GUTTERRATT