Form 3 To Form 4 To Trust

laker1

When I received a copy of form 3 from the out of state dealer transfering to my instate dealer, the model of a West Hurly 1928 was listed as 1928A1 instead. When I fill out form 4 to transfer to a trust should I leave it as 1928A1 or change it to 1928 as it is on the gun?

As long as the serial number matches and the old form has a true error , make the correction to the new form. Add in a photocopy of the old form with the error circled in red and attach a note saying what the error is. Enclose proof you're right and the old form is wrong. This can be pics or references to books , etc. They thanked me for doing this on my last transfer where the maker , model number , caliber , bbl length , and OAL were all wrong. Put a stop to the garbage in / garbage out cycle. You WANT the paperwork to match what you have.

Chris

Point/counterpoint - I have told the story here before of an MG I had

where the drawing number stamped on the bolt carrier was listed as the

serial number of the gun. Since the bolt carrier can be removed and since

the bolt carrier is obviously not the receiver I figured I'd be a good

citizen and fix it so I sent in close-up photos - bolt carrier, receiver, explanation,

etc. etc. They could not handle it - they just couldn't. As I saw the transfer

about to be locked up in limbo for who knows how long I quickly resubmitted

with the bolt carrier number, the transfer was quickly approved and if the

current owner wants to try to fix it let him try...so you never know...

Bob

I have corrected two forms in the past. One was a WH Thompson that had exactly your issue and the other was a C&R Sten which had the wrong manufacturer. I submitted the forms with the corrected information and noted the changes on my cover letter. Both went thru with out a problem.

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
As long as the serial number matches and the old form has a true error , make the correction to the new form. Add in a photocopy of the old form with the error circled in red and attach a note saying what the error is. Enclose proof you're right and the old form is wrong. This can be pics or references to books , etc. They thanked me for doing this on my last transfer where the maker , model number , caliber , bbl length , and OAL were all wrong. Put a stop to the garbage in / garbage out cycle. You WANT the paperwork to match what you have.

Chris

DING, DING, DING.... WINNNER!

The best time to do it is at the time of transfer (otherwise you have 1-2 year wait for letter and pics to get dealt with) and it's as easy as stated.