How To Remove A Bm59 Front Band

John Ryan

I want to take the front band off to swap the handguard and I can see what's going on the with the clip. It's orientation is controlled on the top by the tab that goes under the band.

It seems like a brute force move to push open the clip from the bottom. Instead of banging at it I'd like to do a controlled spread from the bottom and then hook under it and pull off from the top. Is there a more finesse technique to take these on and off.

If the Garand hanguard tool was just a bit smaller it might...... nope.

Any help is appreciated.

JR

John those little clips are boogers . There is no easy way that I know of but if you find a easy way please share it.

I have had limited success with a small screw driver at the top and using it as a lever and gently lifting up .

The part around the barrel will expand and come off , this is not an easy task.

Let me know if you find a better way .

If it is the top clip on the upper handguard, here's how to remove it in less than 30 seconds. You will need a .308 bullet, pull the operating bolt back and lock the bolt in the back position, that's what the lock is for on the left side. With the bolt back, go to the clip and you should see a tiny hole in the clip on the right side, insert the tip of the bullet in the hole and using the bottom stock as a lever for the bullet, press in on the bullet and the clip will pop off the barrel on the right side, lift the clip up and it will release from the left side. If your clip doesn't have the hole, then you don't have a BM59/62/69 clip. I've been a FFL for 40 years and the only Beretta's I've seen have always had the hole - give it a few tries and you'll see what I'm talking about. Very simple :rolleyes: Edited by bm59collector