M3 Grease Gun Extractors

If anyone really needs a M3 extractor, there is a place in Indiana making repros. They are expensive, but if you really need one, they would save the day.

www.indianapolisordnance.com/other.html

They also make M3 barrels.

Jim C

Hello again from Edo in S.W. Virginia!

I recently bought an extractor from a guy on Gun Broker. com. It cost $50.00 and the one in the photo looked to be NOS as the price led me to believe. When it arrived it had a nick from the retaining pin on the upper rear side. I called the seller and he told me to send it back. I decided it was a minor flaw and did not want to take a chance on the postage system, etc. So I have kept it. I do think he should have made a price difference since it was not NOS but he didn't offer (probably because he doesn't know me). He is still listing extractors on the website (one at a time for $50). MY LATEST NEED: I have lost my M3A1 grease gun barrel ratchet spring and need another one. I know there are some out there in the original wrap. Can anyone help me find another one? I know as soon as I get another I will find the lost one. I have successfully built 2 so far (an M1 and an M1A1) thanks to some of you guys on the boards help. Thanks and any help on this latest quest will be greatly appreciated. I have $$$ and some Thompson parts if this helps bring one out of the woodwork. Cheers from sunny Southwest Virginia...

Ed Biggar (AKA Edo) 276 620 8595

Biggar Custom Mfg. Draper,VA.

FFL 02/07 mfr SOT

Do you mean the flat spring held to the reciever , under the bbl , by two rivets , that curves up and has three "teeth" to grab the bbl nut to keep it tight ???? You can't mean that. How do you misplace something like that ? I mean , how do you remove it to lose it ???

Well , anyway , the ones I have are not NOS , all have some wear , but one is nicer than the rest.

What else do you need so that I can get a $50 extractor ? :rolleyes:

Chris

Do you mean the flat spring held to the reciever , under the bbl , by two rivets , that curves up and has three "teeth" to grab the bbl nut to keep it tight ???? You can't mean that. How do you misplace something like that ? I mean , how do you remove it to lose it ???

Well , anyway , the ones I have are not NOS , all have some wear , but one is nicer than the rest.

What else do you need so that I can get a $50 extractor ? :rolleyes:

Chris

Hello Chris!

Yes, if anyone can loose a small obscure part , I can. You see, I was building a demo M3A1 and I removed that part from a torched parts kit to use it on the Medea receiver halves I welded a good receiver out of and lo and behold somewhere between my parts room and shop it vaporized. I think I might have another one somewhere that is NOS but I've spent days looking for it to no avail. The extractor that I have cost me $50 plus shipping and I would like to keep it as I have another bolt for a spare. Would you take cash for one of your ratchet springs? If not, what else do you have to trade for equal value? Thanks for any and all help.

Edo in Virginia 276 620 8595