Feeding Problems

Pete Wass

I have a very good model 50 that sometimes does not close fully on live rounds while cycling through a string of fire. Otherwise, the rifle works fine. I was wondering if, perhap, the "recoil" spring may need to be replaced or have a stronger one fitted?

I also recently read about and saw pictures of a mod to 1911 feed ramps that seemed like it may be beneficial to the Reising. Any thoughts on changing the angle on the Reising loading ramp?

Something else I noticed: I believe the magazine well on my Reising is offset quite a bit. Is it suppose to be this way or is there a problem with it? It would seem to me that if it is indeed offset, that may be causation of the sometimes failure to close on a live round. Opinions appreciated.

Pete

Wolf makes a stronger main spring and a more OEM mainspring , I'd get one of each and try them.

Polishing 1911 ramps was to make them feed wadcutters and hollow points more reliably. Should not be needed for ball. Saying that , if your ramp is rough with park'ing or machining grooves , a light polish would not hurt.

If the housing is bent/deformed then straighten or replace , they're cheep and plentiful. IF IT IS THE POSTS , BEWARE. They mount by a slight twist and solder and can easily be broken off. Not nearly as easy to put back on.

Chris

BTW , are you running a one piece end cap / guide or a two piecer ? I solved most of my functioning problems with new springs and a two piece end cap and spring guide.

Chris

What do you mean by "End Cap"? I am not very savvy with regard to these terms. I have found and ordered the Spring Kit, thanks for the info.

Pete

Edited by Pete Wass

BTW , are you running a one piece end cap / guide or a two piecer ? I solved most of my functioning problems with new springs and a two piece end cap and spring guide.

Chris

What do you mean by "End Cap"? I am not very savvy with regard to these terms. I have found and ordered the Spring Kit, thanks for the info.

Pete

It's #5 & #107 on the schematic in the following link.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=3823

Pete A.

Chris

Pete

Pete A.

Thanks Pete A. ,

I appreciate the help. Hopefully this will cure my problem. I like the little rifle and it is remarkably accurate. It appears to have been used very little.

Pete

Chris

Pete

Pete A.

Thanks Pete A. ,

I appreciate the help. Hopefully this will cure my problem. I like the little rifle and it is remarkably accurate. It appears to have been used very little.

Pete

I should have my parts this week to perhaps cure the feeding issues. I look forward to the project.

Pete

• 2 months later...