M1919 8MM And 308 Kits.

I have a 1919 with both the 8mm and 308 kit. Any instructions around to install the parts needed to use the kits? As I understand it.. besides the barrel.. with the 8mm you use the same forcing cone and use the 308 specific cone for that caliber.... I'm not sure what to do with the other pieces....Is head spacing the same for all calibers?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

You can read up on it on 1919a4.com .

Basicly with the 8MM , a barrel and a cartrige spacer ( to keep the rim back to where the extractor can grab it ) is all you need. Headspace like a 30-06.

On the .308 , you will need barrel , spacer , bolt ( 7.62 rim is thicker ) and .308 booster at the minimum . You may need more to get it reliable. Headspace like a 30-06 but you may need to run 4 clicks out rather than 2.

Again , go and read up on the above site . Know what you're doing. I'm over there ,too. I shoot USGI in 30-06 , so I'm not an expert in semis or conversion calibers.

Glad to help when I can.

Chris

Thanks. I am using 30.06 right now... but finding it in bulk is getting harder and harder...Talked to the guys at Barrel Exchange at Knob Creek who have the 7.62x54R kits... Right now the 8mm is pretty cheap and plentiful and I am stocking up on it. I just wish there was an easier way to link it than the OOW linker!

I've always perfered belts to links. Again , 30-06 only means USGI belter and I have several that work perfectly. There is a gentalman over on the other site that builds a belter that can be adjusted for just about every caliber offering , and those who have bought them seem to like them.

Chris