Hey guys

Ive been looking around the web for information and most sources mention this site for information.

Ive recently purchased a Thompson M1A1 'Auto-Ordanance, Bridgeport' with matching serial numbers 102964

could anybody tell me what year this was made?

Thank you

regards Tom

Hey guys

Ive been looking around the web for information and most sources mention this site for information.

Ive recently purchased a Thompson M1A1 'Auto-Ordanance, Bridgeport' with matching serial numbers 102964

could anybody tell me what year this was made?

Thank you

regards Tom

You'll want to get you a copy of American Thunder II and study the history.

Yeah AT II is a great book. You have a fairly low number M1A1, so I would expect it within the first year or so of production.

Does your upper have a US property stamp behind the rear site? If so, you can determine which factory it was made in. From my understanding, the bridgeport thompsons were also made by Savage when AOC had problems with initial tooling.

Also, do you a serial number on the lower? I thought they stopped doing this on later M1A1 lowers.

Edited by hyperdyne

I do have a serial number on the bottom it matches the one on the side. There is also a 'S' mark near the magazine, guessing this is a Savage mark.

But I do not have the 'U.S Property' Behind the sight

Thanks for the information I will purchase the book and enjoy the read!

Edited by TomH