M1 TSMG Barrels For Sale

There is a guy on the CMP board with what appears to be about 10 Savage M1 NOS barrels for sale. He is asking $175 each . The ad is in the "other" section of Parts for Sale. I don't know anything about the guy or the barrels. He has a pic of them. Just passing this info along as i saw it today while surfing the net FWIW. Edited by Chopper28

• 2 weeks later...

Buyer Report:

Purchased a Thompson barrel from Paul, barrel was as advertised. Nice M-1 barrel in overall VG++++, almost excellent, or NOS. Just a few specs of surface rust. Would buy annother, if I dodn't already have another.

He does negotiate, made an offer for $150.

Paul

Edited by Paul in PA

After a little mix up (which he was great about) I got my barrel too. Still in the wrap where it will stay until needed. I now have a nos grease gun mag too, too bad I don't have the gun it fits!

Same here, unfortunately I traded my M3A1 a few years ago. :) No complaints, I traded even for a 1928A1.

• 3 weeks later...

After a little mix up (which he was great about) I got my barrel too. Still in the wrap where it will stay until needed. I now have a nos grease gun mag too, too bad I don't have the gun it fits!

I ordered a barrel from this guy and he seemed pretty nice. Unfortunately, he open all his remaining barrels and they had rust damage. He said I could buy one of those at a reduced price or wait for another batch he had coming in.

I told him I'd wait for a NOS one. Not sure if you guys need to open the ones you have to inspect them, but that's the story I got.

I ordered a barrel from this guy and he seemed pretty nice. Unfortunately, he open all his remaining barrels and they had rust damage. He said I could buy one of those at a reduced price or wait for another batch he had coming in.

I told him I'd wait for a NOS one. Not sure if you guys need to open the ones you have to inspect them, but that's the story I got.

Maybe I should peel it open and check it out. I don't see any rust, but you never know. I have some cosmoline in a tub I can dip it in, and shove it in a tube for storage afterwards... Thanks for the heads up.

• 4 weeks later...