Anybody Have The BATF Fax# For A 5320.20 Request?

The following links might help you.

http://www.guntrustl...com/form20.html

and http://www.atf.gov/contact/faq/

and finally

http://www.atf.gov/c...ervice-centers/

http://www.atf.gov/contact/field/

Edited by minerran

Can anyone offer specific advice on having a C&R license and carrying a C&R gun across state lines.

Specifically, If you have a C&R license, do you still have to submit the 5320.20.

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

Can anyone offer specific advice on having a C&R license and carrying a C&R gun across state lines.

Specifically, If you have a C&R license, do you still have to submit the 5320.20.

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

My guns a rewat and not eligible (though I have never applied and apparently there have been rewat approvals) - It is my understanding 5320.20 is not needed with a curio and relic license and a C&R eligible NFA gun.

Edited by thomas.hando

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

Not required just be sure the state you are taking it to allows NFA firearms.

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

My guns a rewat and not eligible (though I have never applied and apparently their have been rewat approvals) - It is my understabding 5320.20 is not needed with a curio and relic license and a C&R eligible NFA gun.

A rewat TSMG should still be a C&R.

A demilled and welded should no longer be a C&R.

Jim C

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

My guns a rewat and not eligible (though I have never applied and apparently their have been rewat approvals) - It is my understabding 5320.20 is not needed with a curio and relic license and a C&R eligible NFA gun.

Jim C

Jim,

I think this comes up on the board every few years - On my form 4 the manufacturer is the company that sold it - now for "model" it does have 1928A1. It is a Savage S246xxx, no welding, evidence of soldering, exteme heat, etc... It is my understanding the manufacturer block needs "Thompson, Auto Ord, Savage, etc".. which I lack for C&R eligibilty.

Tom

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

Jim C

Jim,

I think this comes up on the board every few years - On my form 4 the manufacturer is the company that sold it - now for "model" it does have 1928A1. It is a Savage S246xxx, no welding, evidence of soldering, exteme heat, etc... It is my understanding the manufacturer block needs "Thompson, Auto Ord, Savage, etc".. which I lack for C&R eligibilty.

Tom

Tom,

What makes you think its a rewat or remanufacture gun???

My Bridgeport 28A1 lists Numrich arms in the maker or importer block. Numrich did niether. Its a C&R. As a mater of fact the word Thompson does not appear on the form 4.

I have a rewat M3 SMG and the FOIA clearly states how it was deactivated. Did you request a FOIA yet. My M3 is still a C&R.

If your gun was demilled and remanufactured it should have the makers name stamped on the receiver and maybe a different serial number.

You may have a better gun that you realize.

Jim C

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

Jim C

Jim,

Tom

Tom,

What makes you think its a rewat or remanufacture gun???

My Bridgeport 28A1 lists Numrich arms in the maker or importer block. Numrich did niether. Its a C&R. As a mater of fact the word Thompson does not appear on the form 4.

I have a rewat M3 SMG and the FOIA clearly states how it was deactivated. Did you request a FOIA yet. My M3 is still a C&R.

If your gun was demilled and remanufactured it should have the makers name stamped on the receiver and maybe a different serial number.

You may have a better gun that you realize.

Jim C

Jim,

Thanks. That is promising news - I sent my FOIA off a month ago and have not heard back yet. I do have a very small "Interarms" (which is not the manufacturer) stamped on the receiver below the Lyman. The serial number used on the Form 4 is the original.

Tom

Thanks in advance,

Sandman1957

The 5320.20 exemption for C&R licensees transporting C&R firearms can be found in 27 CFR 478.28©. That is paragraph "c".... not the copyright symbol.

Edited by The Lone Ranger