Origin Of Cut 1937 Browning BAR Receiver

Greetings to all interested board members!

I recently found 3 saw cut parts of what appears to be a BAR receiver (front to back) in my pile of waiting to be post sample builds, display guns,etc.. The item I'm looking at is marked on the top rear section Browning patented 1937. Right side fabrique 9846 Looking forward on the same side d'armes de guerre Belgique. Front section under actuator slot M R S which has the barrel threads. The left sides of the 3 sections have nothing at all in the way of markings. I have a number of FND BAR parts including, barrel, bi pod, trigger group, 2 bolts and the rear stock (complete with all hardware) all of which I hoped to fit together with the 3 cut receiver sections and nothing fits. Any advise on what BAR parts kit I might get to put together a display gun or post sample would be appreciated. Thanks for any help on this...

EDO in SWEST VA.

You do know that you have posted a BAR question on the TSMG section right?

The BAR section is down below on the list.

You do know that you have posted a BAR question on the TSMG section right?

The BAR section is down below on the list.

Edo, you will flog youself 20 lashes with a cat-o-nine-tales for this infraction, and consider yourself lucky that you were not keel-hauled! Now, go to your room!

Mike Hammer

Sounds like a FN Modele 30 (or FM30). It's a Belgium made BAR, and unfortnatly it's all Metric, so while some US parts might fit, all won't. It's hard to find metric parts. Parts are rare, I have a pretty good colection of BAR stuff and I only have a handfull of FM30 parts. The main difference (asside from the inch/metric incompatabilty) will be the Barrel; the FM30 has a plate between the receiver and barrel that is unique to it, not like a US BAR or a FN-D. There is one on Gunbroker right now:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327472433

Also I think you have the receiver oriented backwards, M R S is on the rear left side by the buffer threads, fabrique 9846 is the serial number and is on teh front left directly behind the barrel thread (it should read FABRIQUE NATIONALE D'ARMS DEGUERRE; if you are missing the NATIONALE you might be missing a half inch of receiver)

Hope this helps some, sorry it isn't better news

George

Sorry Guys!

I somehow thought if I put this in new posts it would find the right place. My wife has agreed to met out the correct punishment for my infraction. Never again... I guess I'm the proud owner of a classical, if not historic paperweight. Thanks for the help...

EDO