Selling My Collection- Update #5 8016 sold Information on the Savage

Board Members

I received an email from Brian today, he didn't mean for it to be public but I thought I'd copy and

paste it here, I don't think he would be pissed, as there's nothing secret or personal.

I Just wanted you to know the kind of guy Brian is:

Bill,

I do appreciate your observations on the guns. I could probably get more, but it really isn't about the money. If they were 6 figure guns, the pool of people that could afford and enjoy them would be drastically reduced. I'd rather they were cherished by a gun enthusiast versus another trophy for an elitist. I did talk to rock island auction and they were quite interested in listing the collection but I wanted to give fellow boards members first shot.

Thanks

Brian

To Those who could have afforded them -- you missed your chance to buy the finest Colts far below "market"

value! And to those who have been watching in interest -- you witnessed someone who values

something more than MONEY (try and find another, you'll have a long, long search.)

Keep in mind he sold a lot more than Thompsons - almost immediatly! I guess some people knew

them and snatched them up (Arthur was wondering how they sold so fast.) They were 6 figure guns.

Is 28N # 8016 the last one now?

At 60K I would buy it myself, except that I sometimes think I hear "The Grim Reaper" banging at

my door late at night --- and I don't think even a near mint 28N would help.

Don't worry, he'll get around to you sooner or later, you just might not hear him knock first.

So-- enjoy life to the fullest, and shake the hand of those true GENTLEMEN like the above when

you find one, they're so few and far between.

Hey, don't worry about me! I'll probably be posting years from now.

If Obama can get the Nobel peace prize- maybe I stand a chance for a Pullitzer for posting.

My compliments to the many fine people on this board.

Bill

• Upvote 1