It's gorgeous

I've been meaning to post this for a while. My WH has been PK'd, and has new deerslayer furniture. Awesome work by both. Runs perfectly, looks great. It's nice to know that there are still craftsmen and artists who take pride in their work and are truly world class.

http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss248/just4grins1/DSC09781.jpg

Edited by just4grins

Curious, How long were you on PK's waiting list when you received the send it call and how long did it take

PK to do the work?

Thanks,

Darryl

Good job ! If you haven't yet ( shame on you ) , head over to the PD there ( Tucson) and check out the Dillinger ones on display.

Yes, more photos if you can.

OCM

I will take some close up photos. I was in PK's queue for almost 4 years, and it took him a little under 4 months to do the work. Absolutely worth the wait. It now has a GI lower, all GI internals, a GI foregrip support, a new barrel, a GI Lyman rear sight, with PK's std bluing. The Deerslayer furniture is equally nice, and also worth the wait (much shorter lead time). PK also blued an extra set of stock hardware so that I could put on some less dressy furniture if I wanted to keep the new wood pristine. I have put about 1000 rds through it and have yet to have a single jam or failure to feed. It also works well with my BDM .22 kit, although I had to mill the slot in the BDM mags to get them to sit about .015" lower so they would feed properly ( which PK advised me in advance was a possibility). I'd shoot more .22 in it if I could find any! Go figure: I have many times as much .45 as I have .22, so I'm shooting the real thing. Pricey, but fun. Edited by just4grins

J4Grins,

That's good to hear regarding PK's schedule, I've got several Westies and one Frankenstein at the 4 year mark.

Hopefully I'll hear from PK soon.

Thanks,

Darryl