My new 1918A3

What ammo are you using? I've always used the Federal American Eagle ammo supposedly made to WWII Garand specs.

I've read that some modern .06 rounds were to hot for the WWII and earlier BARs.

Works for me,

Darryl

• 2 weeks later...
So, I heard from my nephew about his BAR. He had sent me all the gas regulators to try in my Rifle, they all worked. So I sent the regulators back to him to try in his rifle, along with some ammo that I used. Success! It must have been his ammo. The mil-surp ammo that I sent him, he said worked just fine, with the regulator that I had in my gun. So he's gonna buy some new ammo and try it again this weekend with all the different regulators he has.

They worked at what setting ? A clean , lubed , and broken in gun should work at the smallest port setting. A tight , new gun may take the middle port at first . As long as the ammo works at the setting you're using and will not fuction at the next lowest port , you're not beating it to death. It needs what it needs.

Chris

• Upvote 1

That's a good place to be. If you find yourself in a spot where only 180 gr bear loads can be found , you can dial down . If you run into weak handloads , you can dial up. If your gun is new and tight , try it every couple or 3 or 5 hundred rounds or so at the small port , It can slick up over time .

Chris

• Upvote 1

Heard from my nephew again on his BAR. He run 40 rounds of 150 grn. Remington ammo through it. Said it worked perfectly with his original regulator, drilled out. Whew, what a relief. Was so glad to hear that he can now enjoy his gun also. He put in a lot of time cleaning, parkerizing everything and putting them together. I can't thank him enough for the beautiful rifle he built for me.