Cast Bullets in 1928A1 Kahr Semis

I have some reloads w/ cast lead pills. I haven't talked to the guy who loaded them since I shot some. The pills seem to run fine in my West-Hurley 1927 A1. The problems have been failures to eject (leaving the empty case in the chamber) and failure of the trigger to reset.

I've noticed that the empties don't fly as far with these as they do factory loads. This leads me to believe that they may not be as hot a load as factory. My guess is this is causing the action to not cycle fully, nor as strong.

That's all I use in mine 10" w/cutts

cast 230's run through my .451 set on my lubrisizer-4500 using Orange magic.

Zero issues/stoppages in I dont know how many rounds so far.

The compensator gets filthy regardless, BUT no fouling in my barrel

lee mould.

it's been a minute since we made up about 300lbs of ignots in one shot ,

just one huge smelted pot full of pure lead, wheel weights , linotype and about 8% tin. we just used ghetto scratch methods to test hardness till we got it right.

• 3 months later...

shot another 250-300 rounds yesterday.

All cast using 3 different 230rnloads. Only thing dirty is the ramp from powder residue and the compensator has some buildup. nothing a toothbrush cant clean.

one load we tried was a unique load using 230rn . it had just enough power to get the bolt back to pick up the next round. Recoil felt like shooting a 10/22 .

Only 1 failure to feed ( limp wrister who had a death grip on the magazine while shooting ) now in 1300-1400 rounds since I bought it.

• 5 months later...