One last thing since I had pictures.

A year ago I had a terrible time with the extractor coming off the bolt and jamming the bolt. After sending it to A/O I received it back and see how they fixed the problem. As you can see they drilled the bolt and inserted a drift pin through the bolt body and the extractor:

post-258764-0-68508000-1417664622_thumb.jpg

The fix has lasted around 300 rounds thus far, but I do have a new spare bolt and extractor if this one fails. Again, I offer this up as a possible low dollar (but effective thus far) solution to the extractor problem.

Dan

• 4 months later...

I thought about pinning my extractor, but now I know that its a valid repair from AO.

The first round brand new it popped out. Then during an extended range session it popped again.

Mike,

My pinned extractor lasted about 100 rounds before it snapped in two right where they drilled through it (weakest point). I ordered a new bolt and extractor and replaced the whole thing. So far so good.

Dan

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have fired my M1 on three separate occasions since receiving it in June, 2015.

The first session was for approximately 50 rounds with four different brands of ammo. No failure to fire or failure to eject issues occurred.

The second session was for approximately 100 rounds with two brands of ammo. No failures to fire, but I did have one failure to eject. (see attached photos)

The third session was for approximately 75 rounds with one brand of ammo that had not experienced any previous failures. No failures to fire, but three failures to eject.

In the photos of these jams, note the position of the ejector in relation to the bolt face. The bolt is not fully retracted, and the ejector has come out of it's normal position. This is not an easy jam to clear! One spent casing partially ejected from the chamber, one live round partially carried up from the magazine, the bolt halfway back, and the ejector jammed between all of the above!

In all three cases, I noticed that the primer from the round that was partially ejected from the chamber had the primer completely pierced. Is this is what is causing the jam, or is it a symptom of some other issue? Have any of you seen this issue? I have never experienced it with any other firearm. I have attached a photo from my most recent range session showing the three damaged primers in the upper left hand corner. The four live rounds with damaged cases are in the upper right corner. All of the other rounds show pretty consistent firing pin impacts.

When I contacted A-O, they were very accommodating, and provided prepaid shipping back to them for repair. I was hoping to avoid having to ship it back, and asked them if they just wanted to supply a replacement bolt and ejector, but they wanted the whole firearm back, along with the magazines. So, off it went yesterday. I will be interested to see what fix they implement, and I will post the result.

post-260030-0-94627700-1437334145_thumb.jpg

post-260030-0-96067500-1437334167_thumb.jpg

post-260030-0-32289400-1437334196_thumb.jpg

Edited by Howard

I have had similar FTE issues along with the common extractor popping out. Never any FTF or the piercing issue. I have yet to find the final solution for mine since my issues did not come around unti AFTER the 1 year warranty was up. So I will not be sending mine in. If I were to pay someone I would rather keep it to a good smith. I intend to eventually buy a new bolt and Kahr extractor. Currrently I have tried 3 different GI extractors and no fix yet.... I hope somene can come up with a definitave answer so I don't have to spend money on a guess....

Jon

I'm new here and came to the forum to research a problem with my Kahr. Reader's Digest version, gun produced 2007. Original owner bought 2008, never fired it. I acquired it in a trade from him 2012. Since then a total of about 100 rounds put through it. After the last range day, July 4th I stripped it to clean. Fired with no problems that day. Less than a box of 50 through it. Upon disassembly I found the extractor cocked. One side of the groove completely gone, the other side about half missing with a bent partial "flap" at the rear retaining the extractor. Bad enough, but the roll pin below the extractor that retains the firing pin, one side has two cracks eminating from and the steel is starting to pull away from the body of the bolt. I orderd a new bolt as I was told by customer service because it was over the one year warranty and I was not the original purchaser there would be no assistance. I did email the company and they said the same thing but said if I sent them the gun they would look at it for no charge and advise me if they would assist me with repairs but no promises either. Problem is I have to pay to ship it both ways, so if I do and they will not participate I am out the shipping and still have to buy the parts and pay them to repair it, Or as I will do,have ordered the parts and pay the LGS to install the bolt and also repair the hard primer strikes that I also have experienced. I understand their position but I don't think a bolt should fail like this. Especially the fracture in the pin hole. I suspect metal embrittlement is the cause.

Edited by SHOVELHEADRIDER

• 2 months later...

I got my TM1 back from Kahr. They had it for about a month. According to paperwork from Kahr, they "Replaced the bolt and the extractor, and adjusted the magazine. Tested OK." I notice that this extractor is pinned. I am not sure what they mean by the comment regarding adjusting the magazine. I have (and sent with the gun) 3 10-round magazines. I have not had a chance to get out to the range with the gun since I got it back.

I got my TM1 back from Kahr. They had it for about a month. According to paperwork from Kahr, they "Replaced the bolt and the extractor, and adjusted the magazine. Tested OK." I notice that this extractor is pinned. I am not sure what they mean by the comment regarding adjusting the magazine. I have (and sent with the gun) 3 10-round magazines. I have not had a chance to get out to the range with the gun since I got it back.

Can you post a pic of the pinned extractor?

• 3 months later...

See attached photos for my pinned extractor. It has lasted about 200 rounds with no issue.

post-260030-0-41312600-1451803229_thumb.jpgpost-260030-0-11518200-1451803241_thumb.jpg